1991-2012 A History of LJW Employment Solutions
As a pioneer in providing professional recruitment services to the retail automotive sector, Laurie Williams is Australia’s most experienced Motor Industry recruiter.
The following timeline provides a history of LJW Employment Solutions:
- 1991 Laurie establishes L J Williams & Associates in Melbourne VIC to service the recruitment needs of retail new vehicle dealers and related automotive businesses.
- 1992-1996 L J Williams & Associates adds to its network by establishing new offices in Sydney NSW, Brisbane QLD and Adelaide SA.
- 1997-2008 By 1998 the NSW, QLD & SA offices of L J Williams & Associates have been taken over by the respective State Managers and from the late 90’s until 2008, L J Williams & Associates focuses solely on servicing the needs of automotive businesses in Victoria.
- 2008 A new entity LJW Employment Solutions is created to allow Laurie to offer recruitment and behavioural profiling services to non-automotive employers; but fails to gain traction due to the Global Financial Crisis.
- 2009 L J Williams & Associates forms an alliance with specialist Sydney based firm Automotive Personnel which was originally the NSW office of L J Williams & Associates. This alliance leads to the creation of Automotive Personnel International and allows Laurie to revisit his original goal of establishing a national recruitment network to service the needs of Motor Industry job seekers and employers throughout Australia.
- 2009-2010 Laurie retires the L J Williams & Associates brand to focus on his Southern Region Manager role in the Automotive Personnel International venture. Laurie also re-acquires the original L J Williams & Associates South Australian operation and appoints a new SA State Manager.
- 2011 Laurie elects to withdraw from the Automotive Personnel International alliance and repositions LJW Employment Solutions to focus exclusively on automotive based recruitment in VIC, SA and TAS.
- 2012 LJW Employment Solutions continues to offer a range of professional services to retail Motor Industry business owners, senior managers and HR decision makers. These services are designed remove the frustrations, risks and expense of Do-It-Yourself recruitment. We allow employers to get on with running their business while we focus on finding the right person and delivering great results!
Motor Industry Employers and Job Seekers can get personalised advice on their particular recruitment and employment needs by calling Laurie Williams on 03 9380 2203 or 0412 523 168.